Monday, November 12, 2007

West Bengal Governor met CPI(M)

West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi, who has indicted the Buddhadeb Bhattacharjeegovernment for the violence in Nandigram, today met CPI(M) patriarch Jyoti Basu to seek his initiative to restore peace.

''I am sure that his initiatives will bring back peace in Nandigram,'' the governor told reporters after a 40-minute meeting with the former chief minister at his Salt Lake residence.

''I have come to pay my respects to Basu and I have full confidence in him.''
Asked if he would speak to Chief Minister, Gandhi replied, ''the chief minister will talk to me.''
About the CRPF personnel being prevented from entering Nandigram by CPI(M) cadres, he said ''I am sure he (chief minister) will take adequate steps.''

Before the governor's visit, CPI(M) state Secretary Biman Bose had a 30-minute meeting with Basu.
Courtesy:ndtv.com
Complete artical HERE

0 comments:

Original design by andrastudio